(Thanks to dreamsleep)
Psychological Meaning: The psychologist Carl Jung decided to become a psychologist after dreaming of discovering a skull in a deep cellar under his house. The skull represented his desire to probe the secrets of the mind. To dream of a skull may also be a symbol of mortality and your spiritual contemplation of the meaning of life and death. It may also refer to finality and the things in life that cannot be avoided.
Mystical Meaning: To the gypsies a scull represents wisdom derived from their ancestors. To drink from a skull means sharing in their wisdom. In Ireland, it can be a symbol of truth for it is believed that if a man takes an oath on a skull but is lying as does, he will die soon after.
(thanks Experienceproject’s Dream Dictionary)
To dream of skulls grinning at you, is a sign of domestic quarrels and jars. Business will feel a shrinkage if you handle them. To see a friend’s skull, denotes that you will receive injury from a friend because of your being preferred to him. To see your own skull, denotes that you will be the servant of remorse.
To see a skull in your dream, symbolizes danger, evil and death. Alternatively, it represents the secrets of the mind. You may be keeping things hidden.
To dream that a skull is talking to you, suggests that aspects of yourself that you have suppressed or rejected is starting to come back to the surface. They will not be denied any longer and must be dealt with on a conscious level.
To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.�
To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.
(Experienceproject has some interesting thigs to say, but also long and “iffy” check out the link here: http://www.experienceproject.com/dream-dictionary/Death-dreams)
(thanks Smartgirl dream dictionary)
Dreams about death are not necessarily bad omens, but they usually represent anxious or angry feelings. To dream of your own death is actually positive – it means renewal and letting go of an old stage of life. This is also a common dream when you are getting over an illness – and it’s a good sign that you are getting better. However, if you dream that you are dying slowly, you need to drastically change your routine and reenergize your life. To dream about the death of a loved one suggests that you are lacking a certain quality that the loved one represents.
1. An imminent transition, perhaps a move, or change of job or lover.
2. An impending death in the world of the dreamer – usually a relative, friend, or admired public figure. The dreamer’s death, however, is never shown.
3. The need for change in some department of the dreamer’s life. As to what: Watch for other symbols in the dream.
Astrological parallel: Scorpio
Tarot parallel: Death
Not a portent of DEATH per se.
1.If you dream of dying yourself, then all your troubles will soon be over and you can start anew. However, it could also mean that a part of you is dying and, if the other symbols in the dream tell you that it’s a part of you that you like, you’d better find a way to resurrect it, and fast.
2.Sometimes this can be a wish-fulfillment dream, if you dream that someone who is causing trouble for you is dying. Don’t feel guilty; this is a better way to manifest that wish than other ways!
3.Dreams in which the dreamer talks with dead people imply that very welcome news is on its way.
- Someone you knew (or wish you’d known) in real life who is now dead
- Something that has changed or doesn’t exist any longer, such as a former relationship or former job
A scary ghost can represent a fear or concern about something in your life, or it can be an indication that your having a toxic dream (please see Toxic Dream Post for more info)
Spiritual aspect of self. Memory. Past coming back. Beware of enemies.
(thanks smartgirl dream dictionary)
In general, seeing ghosts in your dreams symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. You may be anxious about your ability to achieve something in real life. Or, you may be afraid of death and dying.
For a ghost to speak to you, you will be decoyed into the hands of enemies.
(thanks to astrocenter@msn)
1. Dreaming of a haunted house indicates that guilt from the past is holding you back from accomplishing something you really want. Actually seeing a ghost, however, is an omen of good luck.
2. If you are frightened by a ghost, this could mean that mistakes in your past have “come back to haunt you.” It could also mean that intense pressure to do something against your principles could be put upon you by someone in a position of authority.
3. If the ghost is someone known to you who has passed on and who speaks to you, listen. The message is important. See Dying.